Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chop Chop

After years of pondering, and months of deliberation and research, I've decided to have a vasectomy. I'm fast approaching 40, with no desire to have kids.
(Don't get me wrong, I like them - but more avuncular than paternal.
I called the family planning clinic - who almost never get people like me. It's either adamant 22 year olds, or guys my age with 3 kids.
I asked if they had any literature for me to read, but they had nothing more than a couple of pamphlets explaining how sore your nuts will be post op, and if bukakke is still an option for you.
So I ended up chatting to the Librarian, who scratched her head, and came back a week later with some research. All of which puts me as an outlier.
But then I met a psychologist who had her tubes tied in order not to have kids - which is a bit more radical than a quick snip to the nuts.
My doctor was pleasantly supportive of my request - and a referral was no problem, either ethically or medically.
The first appointment is tomorrow.

No comments: