Monday, September 12, 2005

Unbecoming of age.

It was my 19th birthday, I was having a joint party with my best friend, at his house. The party goes well - with the prospect of entanglement with J. towards the end of the night-– an untouchable girl I'’d been chasing for months.
Then someone runs through the house spraying a chemical fire extinguisher. This makes the host unhappy. While cleaning this up, he finds raw eggs down the back of the television set. He quietly goes outside, pulls the fuses out of the box, and locks the doors as we wander out in the darkness to see what's happening.
I'm locked out of my own birthday.
Untouchable girl drives me back to my place, and I do what any red-blooded boy in search of a shag would do...

I burst into tears.

1 comment:

Shape Shifter said...

This is just one of the reasons why I reckon you're terrific.